ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Content Author – Online & Offline
This role is responsible for writing and editing intelligent, engaging and persuasive copy for global B2B campaigns across all media. Working within our friendly and creative Content, Brand and PR team you’ll be responsible for consistently communicating our brand story and setting us apart from our competition. You are a dynamic writer with the ability to talk to a wide variety of different audiences across multiple media, capable of drawing reference and inspiration from a wide range of sources and interests.
You’ll help to develop integrated campaign content with a consistent tone of voice, from concept to delivery as well as responsibility for the basics: grammar, spell-checking and proofing jobs prior to external production/publishing.
With 5+ years of experience in a reputable through-the-line agency or in-house team, you’ll have demonstrable evidence of delivering impactful, integrated campaigns. This is a busy role but you’ll have an obsessive eye for detail, an in-depth knowledge of advertising rules and restrictions, and an unswerving commitment to quality. With excellent organisational skills and an ability to juggle several projects at once, you’ll be able to run projects on your own, but also to be able to take direction and work effectively as part of a wider team.
You’ll need to be competent and comfortable in producing long-copy communications across a wide range of digital, social and offline media, including video, eDMs, websites, blogs, online adverts, newsletters, event invitations, white papers, brochures and research papers.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning, writing and editing clear, persuasive and original copy for B2B technology products and solutions, typically covering software and aftermarket, hardware, data management and cloud-based services.
- Adapting messages and copy for different vertical sectors – food, beverage, life sciences, tobacco, industrial – using the correct terminology and referencing the latest industry trends and challenges
- Distilling what is sometimes complex technical content into easily understood and engaging copy
- Concept development and the creation of Single-Minded Propositions (SMPs)
- Optimising all copy content for SEO/SEM alignment
- Crafting social media updates, including blogging
- Writing to brand guidelines, with a defined tone of voice and acute attention to detail
- Building relationships and credibility with Subject Matter Experts across the business, leading copy briefings and ensuring the information capture to deliver differentiated, compelling communication output
- Managing and prioritising multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Efficient and engaging copy production and editing
- Self-organisation and initiative
- Creativity and proposition development
- Questioning and analysis
- Attention to detail
- Ability to engage and influence at all levels of an organisation
- Energy and urgency
- Knowledge and experience of key manufacturing sectors
- Knowledge and experience of industrial printing, coding and marking
- Experience of working in a matrixed environment
- Team working and collaboration
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Degree-qualified, ideally in marketing or business-related discipline, or English/Communications subject with significant relevant experience
- Associate or member of Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) or studying towards this
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in a B2B marketing role
- Experience planning, writing and editing copy for online and offline marketing including social, search (SEM/SEO), adverts, brochures, white papers
- Familiar with concept development and the creation of SMPs
- International marketing experience would be advantageous, especially writing plain English for translation/transcreation
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise a busy workload
- Strong people and relationship-building skills
- Ability to source and interpret market research data for use in technical collateral such as white papers
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good Microsoft Office skills (MS Word, PowerPoint) essential
- Ability to use design software (desirable)
- Outgoing and energetic
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Committed and focused
- Enthusiastic and influential team player
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Friendly and approachable
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.