ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Customer Support Engineer - Northern England
Provide the highest levels of customer service to Domino’s commercial clients across the broad range of Domino coding, marking and printing technologies.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Carry out field installations, preventative maintenance, equipment health checks and repairs across the broad range of Domino coding, marking and digital print technologies.
- Liaise with site contacts, in particular conducting call-ahead prior to site arrival, updating on work completed / outstanding and the identification of new equipment opportunities.
- Work with colleagues to improve general team efficiency for example, first time fix rates, mean time between failures, machine activity including any allocated key accounts.
- Investigate, diagnose and rectify any customer equipment faults in a timely manner.
- Manage stock accuracy and within guidelines to include two full stock takes per annum and monthly spot checks. Adjust individual stock levels to reflect local equipment population and own skill set.
- Ensure continual accuracy of data inputted in the service management system including the capture of client signatures.
- Identify opportunities for minor repairs and highlight these to the client as recommendations. Capture any material and labour requirements to enable a formal commercial proposal.
- Provide technical support and operator training.
- Provide feedback to assist Domino in maintaining good customer relations and improving product design. Raise complaints where necessary and feedback sales opportunities.
- Attend regional face and face and teleconference service meetings.
- Take responsibility for personal development of both customer service skills and technical product knowledge.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Self Organisation
- Work Standards
- Impact & Acceptability
- Team Working
- Stress Tolerance
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Electro-mechanical apprenticeship / HNC or equivalent
- Full driving licence
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge of electronic principles and circuit theory
- Understanding of microprocessor based products and software driven systems
- Basic understanding of fluid/hydraulic systems and/or printing technology
- Basic understanding of customer satisfaction skills and techniques
- Practical knowledge of PCs and their application in an industrial environment including networking, interface software and data interrogation / diagnostics of third party applications
- Relationship building
- Initiative, enthusiasm and enterprise
- Clear and concise communication of technical information to a non-technical audience
- Accuracy and attention to detail, methodical approach to fault finding
- Planning and organisation
- Calm under pressure
- Inspires confidence in the customer
- Trustworthy and discreet when dealing with confidential information
- Diligent to task completion
- Flexible working to include weekends and unsocial hours as necessary
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.