ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Field Sales Executive
Candidates preferabley located in the following postcode areas - RG, SL, LU, OX, HP, AL, GU, KT, SN
Work alongside and support the field-based sales team. Segment and target the market to efficiently manage existing accounts, acquire new customers and drive incremental sales revenue. Identify and deliver opportunities to gain and retain business. The role offers progressive development towards a sales management career and the wider Domino business.
KEY TASKS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Build and maintain an active customer base to support the commercial activity of the sales channel
- Manage and develop life cycle opportunities within segmented accounts and prospects to maximise sales efficiency
- Support the commercial team and develop new sales by proactively implementing an agreed sales strategy
- Maintain an agreed level of pro-active contact with both existing and prospective customers
- Conduct ongoing customer needs, analysis, research of customer and prospect requirements
- Effectively deal with enquiries requesting call backs, appointments, demos or quotations for products and solutions.
- Complete customer site demonstrations across Domino’s various technologies
- Create quotations as appropriate and ensure they are followed up when necessary
- Participate in sales improvement initiatives and other assigned action items
- Provide regular forecast reporting and activity updates through the CRM System.
- Operate effectively with the Multi-Disciplinary Team, maintaining a high level of team co-operation and relationships
- Ensure the field based Sales Managers are kept informed of any developments relevant to their accounts
- Ensure that all customer complaints, issues and queries reach a successful and appropriate conclusion escalating matters where relevant
- Any other duties as reasonably requested
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Further education in a business or technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Full driving licence
- Formal sales training methodology desirable
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Progressive experience in outbound customer service, telesales and / or sales administration preferably in a B2B environment
- Knowledge of the practical application of a sales department preferably B2B
- Multi-disciplinary team working
- Working to targets or Key Performance Indicators
- Time management
- Autonomous and organised
- Negotiation and influencing skills with internal and external customers
- Commercial acumen
- Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Databases – CRM systems desirable
- Data manipulation and management
- Attention to detail
- Verbal and numerical reasoning
- Negotiation and influence
- Deliberate and precise communicator with good telephone manner
- Empathetic questioning and listening
- Calm under pressure
- Confidence inspiring
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.