ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - National Sales Manager – Business Development- Field based – Central England
Lead the team of UK Business Development Managers to ensure sales targets are achieved in an efficient manner. Through your team, develop opportunities to directly sell the Domino range of printers to prospect accounts, (new incremental business). Coach and develop the team to become the recognised coding and marking specialists in the UK, demonstrating both sales and service excellence to inspire confidence and maximise future business success. This role provides an excellent platform for career progression within other commercial areas of Domino.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide day-to-day management and coaching of the UK field sales team to ensure the team performs in line with agreed objectives and behaviour.
- Ensure achievement of the annual sales targets in terms of machine revenue and product mix in line with UK Channel objectives.
- Manage relationships at a senior level within defined prospect accounts and co-ordinate activity in these accounts to support machine sales.
- Provide regular, accurate forecasting and reporting to the Head of UK Sales.
- Facilitate and lead regular team meetings to ensure exchange of information, communication of strategy and strong teamwork. Support the Head of UK Sales with the organisation and running of wider team meetings.
- Operate within agreed budgeted cost levels.
- Support the National Account /MNC/OEMs programme.
- Work with the Product and Projects Manager to produce specific “Repeatable and Scalable” applications and case studies.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Domino’s Coding and Marking and labelling products.
- Liaise with the UK Marketing Manager & Head of UK Sales to co-ordinate campaigns.
- Attend exhibitions and promote Domino products as and when required.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Degree/HNC in a business or engineering related subject desirable
- Professional sales training desirable (Mercuri) or similar
- Full driving licence
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Applied knowledge of different sales techniques and different financial selling models. The ability to utilise according to your team or customer needs.
- Understanding and coaching of prospecting for self-generation of sales leads.
- Expertise in the management of customer sales meetings.
- Experience of planning, targeting and achieving quantifiable results.
- Relationship building at all levels externally and internally with a multi-disciplined team.
- Sales planning, forecasting and reporting.
- Self-motivated and autonomous working.
- Proven record of exceeding challenging sales targets through others.
- Data management expertise e.g. use and reporting within CRM systems
- Strong writing skills for the development of sales tools and reporting.
- Clear and concise communication
- Experience of technical capital sales solutions into FMCG or manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of printing technologies, coding and marking solutions
- Experience of industrial packaging environments
- Management, Coaching and Development of others
- Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Databases - CRM essential (Salesforce.com preferred)
- Management and manipulation of data
- Verbal and numerical reasoning
- Negotiation and influence
- Deliberate and precise communicator
- Empathetic questioning and listening
- Calm under pressure
- Inspires confidence in others
- Competitive with a desire to succeed
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.