PostJet provides high speed, variable data printing solutions from stamp cancellation and graphics, through to 1D and 2D barcodes for the main postal service providers in the UK, America, Japan, Germany, Australia, France, Singapore, Italy, Hong Kong and numerous other countries as we continue to expand into new territories.
Established over ten years ago, PostJet have developed a range of unique and innovative products that have rapidly become the solution of choice in Postal Authorities around the world.
Our range of flexible, cost effective, high-speed printers are designed for use where high throughput and reliability are critical in this most demanding of environments. We work with most leading original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) but also deal directly with postal authorities. Our technology continues to be developed and is often selected to replace less capable, outdated and expensive technologies.
PostJet is based in the UK but works closely with customers globally, and since 2012 has been part of Domino Printing Sciences.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Principal Engineer
Working in a small but successful and ambitious company, this role will support the Directors in a hands-on role as the technical manager of a small engineering team.
Taking the lead for product design and development, driving multiple projects and developing the process and infrastructure needed to support the product roadmap as the business grows.
- Key member of management team reporting into the Managing Director
- Leading a small engineering team of mechanical engineers and development technicians
- “Hands-on” engineering design and development.
- “Design authority” for mechanical and product design, working closely with Directors, who in turn are responsible for system architecture and software.
- Managing and/or supporting multiple projects both internal R&D and customer orders.
- Frequent customer contact building and maintaining good technical relationships.
- Responsibility for product compliance.
- Managing engineering product support activities, such as change control.
- Ownership of company PLM system (Oracle Agile)
- Owner of documented business processes for Engineering in support of ISO9001 accreditation
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent, in mechanical engineering or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience hands-on electro-mechanical product development.
- Likely to have developed career in design and development with increasing leadership and customer facing responsibilities.
- Working in a senior engineering role in a development environment.
- Proven hands-on team leadership.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Understanding of electronic systems desirable.
- Working with 3D CAD systems (ideally SolidWorks).
- Assessing and supporting product and applications in the customer environment.
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 process driven environment
- Good working knowledge and application of Microsoft packages and relevant software
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially when building effective working relationships quickly and gaining confidence from team members
- Comfortable working as part of a small matrix team and able to provide leadership in areas of expertise in such an environment.
- Confident communicator able to operate as part of a team both within and outside of the company
- Flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Desire to take responsibility and deliver.
- Thrives in a dynamic small company environment.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Comfortable with direct customer communication.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.