ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Print Sample Technician
The Print sample Co-ordinator will be responsible for producing print samples over the range of PI, OCC, TIJ and TTO technologies, samples will be produced for the UK but will also be required to completed for Subsidiaries and Distributors, this will involve using all the inkjet technologies and will include involvement in setting up/adapting the process and management of the Samples facility equipment and consumables stock. The Sample Technician will be based in the Ink Sample Room.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Production of Print samples to include but not limited to PI, OCC, TIJ and TTO technologies
- Ensure all samples are completed to a high standard and within the customer standard 3 and 5 day SLA
- Maintaining the samples database within Salesforce by ensuring sample completion data is populated and correct
- Produce sample report documentation for each sample to a high standard and feedback all result information
- Maintain the Print Sample facility, rigs and stores
- Service Sample rigs and book into Service Workshop as and when required
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements and ensure best practices are followed
- Maintain Health and Safety records and update where necessary and when required
- Carry out monthly Health & Safety checks and workplace inspections within the samples lab completing the room check list
- Keep upto date with fluids and products to ensure samples are completed to the latest standards
- Liase with Sales Coordinators, Area Sales Managers and the wider Domino
- Attend training / meetings where required to enhance knowledge
- Assist, where appropriate, with the printers used at the Domino Exhibitions and Demo Room
- Support Hire and Demo Coordinator and provide cover for absences
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in a customer facing environment
- Working on own initiative
- Good computer skills required
- Knowledge of Domino inkjet printers
- Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Databases –Salesforce or Oracle desirable
- Attention to detail
- Conscientious approach
- Self organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise
- High working standard
- Team working
- Good communication skills
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.