ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Product Support Specialist - Quick Design
A pivotal role in supporting efficient customer operating environments with their use of Domino automation software, thereby enabling consumer security and safety.
Technical support to Channel and Distributor Service Organisations for software-based products. Train colleagues in Channels and Distributors to improve their capability in addressing Tier 1 level issues and supporting their own customer enquiries. Provide Tier 2 escalation support for issues related specifically, but not exclusively, to QuickDesign and planned future replacements.
Act as the key interface between our Field Support teams and our Tier 3/Development teams, prioritising resource on key issues affecting end user customers.
Cover for team colleagues, as necessary, working on predominantly hardware support.
- Technical Support of new product and existing product range
- Training of Channels and Distributors to provide improved support for our software products
- Support of Channels and Distributors during and after roll-out of new product range
- Continuing support of existing product range producing tracking documentation
- Respond to external /internal customers’ requests / technical enquiries (email, in person, telephone and use of Call logging system)
- Primary contact of escalated issues covering Quick Design Product
- Work closely with colleagues to recognise potential issues and initiate a plan to manage
- To managed issues escalated into other teams e.g. Product Support Group and R&D
- Data analysis from multiple sources (including DCI) to identify trends and determine issues for resolution/escalation
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management
- Team Spirit
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive Attitude
- Clarity & Focus
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- HNC or equivalent experience in engineering or similar discipline
- Project management training is desirable
- Integration of factory automation solutions (software and capital equipment) into production line environments
- Product knowledge and issue diagnosis of automation software e.g. Domino Automation / Quick Design
- Communications and networking (RS232, RS485, TCP/IP etc)
- Barcoding and scanning
- Log file extraction and analysis
- Working knowledge of control systems, application software, network topology and enterprise systems
- I/O control to and from control systems (OPC)
- Data exchange from remote data services
- Software – installation, operation and training
- Knowledge of software protocols and tools
- Software Scripting Capability, Lua, Java C#. PLC programming
- PC / IT knowledge including registry and network configuration
- Server installation and configuration
- VPN and remote support tools
- Database knowledge and ability to write SQL queries is desirable
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Customer focus
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Networking Skills with Domino Automation / Quick Design integration with Domino Products
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of MS Office, databases and CRM tools
- The ability to take the initiative in a confident and personable manner
- Enthusiasm and drive with the desire to broaden knowledge and experience
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time, sometimes with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team player in direct and cross functional teams
- Flexible approach
- Ability to analyse
- Plan and Apply Project Management Methodologies
- Motivated and ambitious to succeed
- Take ownership of problems through to final resolution, feedback and learning
- Proactive approach to work
- Presentation skills
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.