ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Product Manager - Industrial Printing
A new opportunity has arisen in Domino to join the Global Product Management team, to lead the Piezo Inkjet (PIJ) product range.
The successful candidate will be joining Product Management at an exciting time as we move the Portfolio to Next Generation Platforms with the latest core printing capabilities. Combining the new platform with an increased focus on a total product offering, including Cloud connectivity, Service Packages and consumables, this represents an excellent opportunity to substantially grow the product range into a major contributor in the Domino business.
The role will have responsibility for both driving growth of the current product range as well as leading the planning, definition and development of future products. This includes responsibility for the financial contribution of the product in the portfolio, with a focus on sustainable growth of capital, consumables and service elements of the product.
The PIJ Product Manager will coordinate across a modern MNC environment; interfacing extensively with market facing sales teams across the global; as well as technology teams located in the UK and Japan, and other stakeholders in Marketing, Product Management and Operations organisations.
This role will be the voice of the product to Domino’s market facing teams, leading new product introductions and providing a key interface in all things PIJ
Driving the current Product Range to achieve Market Share and YoY Growth ambitions through close cooperation with local markets, defining achievable impactful activities for growth based on data driven prioritisation and analysis
Close coordination with Marketing and Portfolio Stakeholders to deliver propositions encompassing not only the core hardware but the total offering of Domino’s value add services ensuring strong execution of product launches with exceptional sales and marketing materials
Work with the extended Group Product Team to assist with the development of MRS (market requirements specifications), capturing Voice of Customer and requirements influenced by Regional market trends, competitor activity and product offerings
Support and Deliver Training on the Product Lines to support Commercial Teams to enable success in the Markets and Regions
Development of Business Cases and Scenario Analysis to support proposals and project decisions
Examples of other Tasks within the Scope of the Product Manager Role
- Work with Technical Publications team to ensure that manuals are accurate, complete and instructions are clear, also supporting the translation team as needed
- Supply information into the New Product introduction (NPI) process to ensure that products, spares and accessories are set up correctly and on time
- Assist with Commercial and Technical Briefing notes for launch of new products, spares and accessories
- Assist with the setup of the various internal systems for products (Oracle and Salesforce CRM)
- Communicate any significant changes/additions/obsolescence of products to the install base via Commercial Bulletin Notices (CBN)
- For products inside the support period act as a central port of contact to deal with on-going support and obsolescence issues
- Work with Operations, Planning and Purchasing to ensure stock levels are adequate during support and run down before the product is made obsolete
- Communicate Domino’s support strategy for all products throughout their support period
- Support the development of promotional material and marketing collateral including brochures, data sheets and web content
- Support the Development and Delivery of product training materials to educate sales teams & aid promotion
- Participation in the process and execution of product launches and development of sales and marketing collateral
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Degree level of education desired in Business and/or Technology area
- Experience managing projects or products across matrix global organisation environments
- Confidence in negotiating with stakeholders and working with partners/customers
- Ability to gather, analyse and use data to make good decisions, influence stakeholders and clearly articulate the progress and potential of the product line
- Comfortable with ambiguity and delivering in complex environments
- Experience in a responsible, B2B product related role working with Technical and Commercial Stakeholders
- Experience working closely with Sales Organisations to drive success of your Products
- Experience in a coding and marking technology business with strong competence in the technology and / or the Coding and Marking industry would be beneficial
- Experience in delivering products through development or partnering teams
- Experience of successfully influencing individuals and teams to deliver your objectives
- Experience of assimilating and quantifying product needs based on evaluation of customer / market needs, competitor offerings and business strategy
- Experience and Competence in Business and Commercial scenario analysis
- Commercially driven
- Confident with a positive attitude
- Personal impact and judgement to develop respect and relationships
- Flexibility for global travel
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.