ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Product Manager - Fluids
The Product Manager – Fluids will be joining a growing Fluids Product Management team with responsibility for Domino’s highest profit contributing product portfolio. Working alongside the existing Fluids Product Managers this role will have a focus on the DoD fluids which have seen considerable growth in recent years. The role will be primarily responsible for managing the fluids products for DOD (TIJ, VIJ, PIJ) however will also be involved with other inkjet products based on product portfolio demands.
The purpose of the role is to maximise the profitability of the in-life product range whilst defining requirements for new products to grow the business. This will involve working in partnership with external stakeholders (regional sales offices and Customers) to understand local market conditions and share expertise from a global perspective to create best value from existing products and collect information for new projects. The role will also work extensively with internal stakeholders (R&D and Operations) during product developments, including ownership for initiation of projects (gates 1 and 2) and launch preparation activities including coordination of trials (gate 6).
The Product Manager – Fluids is an exciting global role coordinating across a modern, rapidly changing, MNC environment.
- Working with the relevant printer technology product manager move candidate fluids projects through Gate 1 to establish initial viability of the business case and strategic alignment.
- Lead or support (varies from project to project) the development of the Market Requirement Specification and other Gate 2 deliverables to carry the new product developments into R&D.
- Product Management Administration for new fluids through to successful product launch into the target sector(s) working with the relevant regional channels to arrange trials and prepare launch materials.
- Provide training on Ink products and share expertise around positioning and pricing to local businesses to maximise return.
- Product Lifecycle Management of the existing fluids portfolio in order to maximise profit and minimise total cost of supporting the portfolio. Also liaising closely with the Product Support Group to help prioritise support as the commercial representative on this group
- Analysis of key Product metrics on a global basis to determine performance in the portfolio vs business case projections – taking corrective action as required to achieve full product potential.
- Responsible for ensuring an on-going and open communication with the key channel managers and internal functions based on varying project and support needs.
- Team Spirit
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive Attitude
- Clarity & Focus
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
- Impact and Acceptability
- Initiating Action
- Networking & Influencing
- Planning & Organising
- Good Commercial & Technical background
- Market Knowledge in Coding & Marking
- Fluids, inks, chemistry background
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Degree or equivalent in a technical/engineering/business management discipline.
- Commercial or technical background
- Business to business experience in a product management role.
- Experience of working within a multinational organisation with a matrix management culture
- Experience of product managing consumables or relevant technical background looking to move into product management.
- Knowledge of Coding & Marking and inkjet in particular, although not essential, would be desirable
- Product and technical management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Good presentation skills and the ability to get on well with senior commercial management – especially in Training and Formal review environments.
- Developing clear requirement specifications.
- Sufficient Financial understanding to analyse product performance in life and develop business cases.
- Comfortable with working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Technically aware and can effectively hold discussions with company technical employees and customers.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentations etc).
- Possessing a natural customer orientation.
- Driven to achieve Results.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.