ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Senior Manager - Fluids Product Management
The position of Senior Manager - Fluids is a new role which will lead the product strategy for Domino’s highest profit contributing portfolio, managing a dedicated fluids product management team and overseeing Senior Product Management responsibility for the Core Coding and Marking inkjet fluids products (CIJ,TIJ, VIJ, PIJ).
The successful candidate will network extensively with regional businesses as well as centres of excellence for R&D and operations to deliver a sustainable, profitable and regionalised portfolio on a global level. There will be a strong collaboration with a new pre-sales function to reinforce the correct positioning, messaging and promotion of fluids based on customer needs to drive fluids growth.
The Senior Manager – Fluids will have a significant input into the strategic direction of the fluid’s roadmaps together with the dedicated Product Managers for CIJ and DOD technologies, and will be responsible for owning the integrated roadmap and managing the prioritisation within the business. This will include holistic product life cycle management across a large number of products in a dynamic area’s where changing market and internal factors regularly impact pricing, positioning and rationalisation of the range. The role is also responsible for new product specification and introduction as part of the Domino product creation process.
- Take ownership for the fluid’s product roadmap and work closely with the different stakeholders of the Fluids Strategy to manage, prioritise, update and administer the fluids roadmap under the direction of the Product Director.
- Responsible for ensuring an on-going and open communication with the key channel managers and the nominated global Commercial & Technology Leaders.
- Product Lifecycle Management of the existing fluids portfolio in order to maximise profit and minimise total cost of supporting the portfolio, liaising closely with support functions as the commercial representative.
- Leading the price optimisation of the portfolio in order to drive the Lifecycle management and extract maximum added value from the range
- Management of Fluids Product Management team balancing workload/skills/regional expertise to support roadmap and active projects.
- Ensure alignment and good communication is maintained between the different functional groups (R&D, NPI, Manufacturing, Operations, Pre and Post Sales support, Pricing etc;)
- Supporting the fluids compliance agenda in transitioning from defensive to differentiated commercial position with close co-operation and co-ordination with the Group Compliance, Group Legal and Group Sales Directors.
- In collaboration with the relevant printer technology product manager move candidate fluids projects through Gate 1 to establish initial viability of the business case and strategic alignment.
- Lead/support/direct (varies from project to project) the development of the market and Application Requirement Specifications and other Gate 2 deliverables to carry the new product developments into R&D. Utilising the resources of the Fluid Product Management team.
- Product Management administration of new fluids through to successful product launch into the target sector(s) working with the relevant product managers, sector development managers and sector marketing managers.
- Team Spirit
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive Attitude
- Clarity & Focus
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
- Impact and Acceptability
- Initiating Action
- Networking & Influencing
- Planning & Organising
- Good Commercial & Technical background
- Market Knowledge in Coding & Marking
- Fluids, inks, chemistry background
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Degree or equivalent in Technical, Business Management or Marketing discipline.
- Commercial and technical background
- Business/Marketing Masters or CIM qualification would be desirable
- At least five years business to business experience in a product management role gained in a similar industry involved in the business to business sale of technical products.
- Experience of product managing consumables.
- Experience of working within a multinational organisation with a matrix management culture.
- Knowledge of Coding & Marking and inkjet in particular, although not essential, would be highly desirable.
- The ability to manage, influence and co-ordinate a large multi-functional group is critical
- Product and technical management skills
- Development and communicating a Vision
- Good presentation skills and the ability to get on well with senior commercial management
- Developing clear requirement specifications
- Strong Financial Skills – P&L, financial trend analysis, business case creation.
- A strong product manager looking to develop their strategic planning, business planning and business acumen and global management skills with a view to progressing to a Senior Management.
- Good product management and commercial background
- Comfortable with working in a rapidly changing environment
- Technically aware and can effectively hold discussions with company technical employees and customers.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentations etc).
- Excellent direct and virtual team management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to liaise, gain commitment and “buy-in” to ideas and steer plans to fruition in a complex environment.
- Possessing a natural customer orientation.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.