ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Senior Technical Support Specialist
Provide advanced technical support for customers, engineers and other Domino staff. Undertake projects to enhance the customer experience and the provision of World Class service.
- Provide second line specialist technical support for a broad range of electronic printing equipment and associated software which may be either standalone or networked to a client’s own data base system, for all enquiries received via telephone, e-mail and web based sources.
- Take ownership of specific technical and customer issues. Determine and implement appropriate action plans, including if required site visits to support the field teams.
- Proactively identify technical issues and work with Technical Support Group and other departments, when relevant, to resolve them.
- Assess impact of product changes in the field. Recommend and implement appropriate action programmes with a view to propose any upgrades if required.
- Receive, interpret and distribute technical feedback to relevant parties within the technical teams and contribute to the knowledge base in the support desk.
- Continually enhance your own skills/competencies by attending training courses and regularly visiting sites to improve product/application and customer knowledge
- Mentor, support, develop and aid in the training of LI technical support engineers, including providing support cover when required.
- Provide reports to the Service Operations Manager as required.
- Any other duties as instructed by the Service Operations Manager, or nominated representative.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Graduate in electronic engineering or similar technical discipline (or equivalent work-based experience) with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Full UK driving licence
- Detailed technical understanding of electronic circuitry and associated equipment
- IT Knowledge e.g. PC networking, Operating Systems, databases, microprocessors and integration of software drive systems.
- Able to create protocol and clearly record action taken
- Understanding of customer relationship management principles
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload and be flexible to customer needs
- Experience of IT systems e.g. ERP or Service Management system. Oracle, ServiceMax preferred
- Knowledge of Domino coding and marking technology, an advantage
- Experience as a Field Service Engineer or a workshop / test environment
- Developed interpersonal skills and able to quickly develop a rapport with internal and external customers.
- Able to receive and clearly convey technical information to non-technical people
- Effective negotiator to ensure win/win solutions
- Complex problem solving
- Gravitas and authority to inspire confidence in customers
- Calming in potentially heated situations
- Positive Attitude
- Energy & Urgency
- Team Spirit
- Listening Skills
- Clarity & Focus
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.