ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Software Product Owner - Coding Automation
An exciting new opportunity has arisen in Domino UK’s Global Solutions & Support department, to join a dynamic and customer focussed team to manage a strategically important core software suite product for Domino to unlock coding automation opportunities.
Involving the management of an in-life product, as well as taking a lead in the development of a next generation platform, the role will be a key coordinator, working with software development, Operations and Marketing, to ensure the product is best in class and differentiated when launched.
The successful candidate will be confident working at all levels – liaising with the sales channels, discussing detailed points with software developers and prioritising features for incremental releases, to working with management on road mapping and taking the product through all stages of a standard life cycle process.
- Own the Product ensuring its success within the market based on strategic targets and metrics.
- Manage in-life product versions, balancing short term development priorities for multiple stakeholders, releasing field updates to the market in a timely manner.
- Steer the product through a product lifecycle process, hosting gate reviews and ensuring all pre-requisites are appropriately met within committed timelines.
- Work closely with software development and user experience designers to ensure product requirements are met and best practice product design is implemented.
- Create Technical Launch deliverables including training materials, documentation and web-based support resources.
- Work with marketing to define the market launch plan, providing technical input into the value proposition and core product messaging, and ensuring marketing deliverables are ready for product launch.
- Develop Market requirements and product requirements for future products/modules/solutions.
- Provide product experience to the team and the broader product function ensuring best practice
- Develop a roadmap, working with the team members to achieve the outcome.
- Bring to the organisation learnings from regular market reviews, making recommendations on future innovations, technical solutions and improved customer experiences
- Build excellent working relationships with stakeholders from the commercial, marketing service, customer services, UX teams
- Use analytics, BI and analysis tools to monitor performance, identify issues, make recommendations on improvements to customer experiences
- Cross Functional Team Working
- Technical and Commercial Focus.
- Energy and Enthusiasm.
- Familiar with Agile & lean development methodologies
- Experience with Jira & Confluence
- Experience defining user stories
- Experience participating in daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective meetings
- Experience within a similar role as a Product Owner
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Spirit
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive Attitude
- Clarity & Focus
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent in software / electronic engineering, science or technology/ business.
- Formal Project/Product management training (desirable).
- Formal Agile Product Owner certification (Desirable)
- +3 years of Software Project or Product Management – including working directly with customers to manage requirements capture and delivery.
- Experience working with the sales channels and product champion to promote sales.
- Software development – working closely with or embedded within a development team on application level software (desirable).
- Experience of Product Management/Ownership – including involvement in broader product considerations, such as commercial model and fulfilment.
- Working with Software as a Service commercial products (desirable).
- Good understanding of technical software nomenclature and architecture concepts.
- Product lifecycle process administration.
- Product development and launch planning.
- Ability to sell product to internal stakeholders, and work with customers to understand new requirements and escalated issues.
- Project management skills and practical approach to PM (with associated IT tools).
- Ability to work with technical authors to create technical help and support docs as well as an ability to author documents without support.
- Knowledge of Jira & Confluence
- Ability to create user stories
- Self-Motivated and ambitious to succeed.
- Leads by example, and takes ownership of problems.
- Proactive approach to work.
- Strong communicator over all verbal and written media.
- Organised and can organise others.
- Good formal presentation skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a cross functional team.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.