ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Technical Support Specialist
Provide first line technical support for UK customers, Domino service engineers and other Domino staff. Undertake scheduling of service engineers in line with Domino Service Level Agreements. Provide extended hours technical support on a rotational basis.
- Provide first line technical support for a broad range of electronic printing equipment for all enquiries received via telephone, e-mail, web based sources and face to face.
- Provide scheduling on all aspects of Domino Service engineer activity which includes on demand repairs, and installations.
- Provide level one support for Domino service engineers which would include part number identification and ordering of parts to enable a 100% first time fix rate.
- Provide field engineer support which includes all scheduling inquiries and job updates.
- Provision parts in line with Customer requirements to facilitate a first time fix onsite.
- Manage field escalations e.g. warranty entitlement, billing modifiers.
- Provide planned maintenance, repair quotes and sales and training leads.
- Demonstrate good judgement of when and to how to escalate.
- Any other duties as instructed by the Technical Support Manager, or nominated representative.
- Invest in personal development to improve knowledge of Domino equipment and applications through available resources, peer network and visits to Customers.
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Graduate in electronic engineering or similar technical discipline (or equivalent work-based experience)
- Full UK driving licence
- Technical understanding of electronic circuitry and associated equipment.
- Planning and organisation of resources.
- Understanding of customer relationship management principles.
- Experience of IT systems e.g. ERP or Service Management system. Oracle and ServiceMax preferred.
Knowledge of Domino coding and marking technology an advantage
Previous work on a technical helpdesk, as a Field Service Engineer or a workshop / test environment
- IT networking and software development
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to quickly develop a rapport with internal and external customers.
- Able to follow established protocol, own a problem and document action.
- Able to receive and clearly convey technical information to customers, some of whom are non-technical
- Effective written, verbal and telephone communication skills and attention to detail
- Effective enquiry and negotiator to ensure win/win solutions
- Innovative problem solving
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload and be flexible to customer needs, remaining calm in testing situations
- Positive Attitude
- Energy & Urgency
- Team Spirit
- Listening Skills
- Clarity & Focus
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.