ABOUT DOMINO PRINTING SCIENCES
We guarantee our products will have touched your life many times without you even noticing. From eggs to soft drinks cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home.
Domino Printing Sciences plc, an autonomous division of Brother Industries Ltd, comprises of a group of businesses and brands, each with unique capabilities, targeted at industries utilising coding and printing. Our clever technology enables companies to print product identification and other variable data - such as use-by-dates and tracking codes – on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made.
We offer a wide range of printing technologies including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Coding, Piezo Drop on Demand, Print and Apply, Thermal Ink Jet, Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Digital Printing. Our investment into R&D means that we’re continually improving our existing product range as well as developing new innovative products. Covering diverse sectors from food and beverage, pharmaceutical and healthcare, to industrial and construction, our aim is to provide our customers with solutions tailored to the needs of their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE - Technical Training Developer
Develop and deliver effective value add blended training programs utilising modern and advanced training tools and platforms to increase knowledge transfer to others in a time efficient and accessible manner. This is a pivotal role to advance The Global Training Academy to modern training methodologies and techniques and support development of global training communities.
- Create customized technical training solutions to build capability in our global service teams.
- Promote innovation in the use of E-Learning and modern instructor-led training techniques
- Working with R&D, Product Management and Commercial / Technical Trainers to develop eLearning content.
- Undertake training needs analysis with Global Training Community.
- Develop knowledge of Domino products, both current and in the roadmap.
- Engagement with field service engineers, technical support and training team.
- Deliver technical product training to Domino and Distributor employees.
- Course administration, including, pre course work preparation and materials created for class-based and web-based courses.
- Identify and storyboard visual communication requirements, e.g. video, animation, and photography working closely with the Visual Communications Team.
- Run Train the Technical Trainer courses to the Global Training Community which includes Field Service Engineers.
- Support Global Service projects as required.
- Identify, analyse and recommend opportunities for using modern techniques and tools to deliver engaging content.
- Work closely with existing team to guide and influence on new innovative delivery methods.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by Management.
- Team Spirit
- Energy & Urgency
- Positive Attitude
- Clarity & Focus
The Domino values are all about working together to Do More. Team Spirit, Energy and Urgency, Commitment and a Positive Attitude are all things which we look for in our people.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Trained in modern techniques and tools, e.g. LMS, Articulate
- CIPD level 3 (or similar recognised training qualification)
- Formal change management methodology
- Augmented reality content
- Web Based training experience
- Adobe Suite
- Experience of providing training to those with English as a second language
- Experience in developing original and innovative technical training programs along with developing instructor-led training materials and self-paced learning content.
- Training needs analysis identification
- Well-versed in the instructional design process, including storyboarding for eLearning content
- Competent in the use of content authoring, video editing, social media and LMS tools
- Articulate Storyline experience
- Litmos LMS knowledge
- Manufacturing, Packaging, Industry knowledge
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Flexible organisational and project management skills
- Desire to be at the forefront of change
- Passionate about imparting knowledge and development of others.
- Strategic thinker
- High level of professionalism
- Enthusiasm for lifelong learning
- Modern Learning Techniques and tools
- Web design
- Change management
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package including 25 days basic holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, on-site subsidised restaurant, discounts on local gym facilities, as well as training and development opportunities to progress your career with Domino.
Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
CAMBRIDGE – A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Our head office is based in Bar Hill, just 4 miles from the City of Cambridge with excellent road links North, South and East via the A14 and M11. Home to one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and now one of the most important technology centres in Europe, Cambridge is a city steeped in the past as well as the future. From sightseeing to wonderful historic buildings to punting on the river Cam, or visiting one of the many bars and restaurants in the city, Cambridge has something for everyone. Excellent public transport links mean that it’s only a 50 minute journey to London and Stansted Airport. In addition, London City Airport and Luton Airport are both within easy travelling distance. Find out more about Cambridge at www.visitcambridge.org Join Domino and you will become part of an award-winning, global business and British success story. Our smart technology enables companies to print use-by-dates and tracking codes on their products no matter what the surface, how fast they’re produced, or where in the world they’re made. From eggs and soft drink cans to the cable in your walls and the medicines in your bathroom cabinet, you will find evidence of our success on products throughout your home. We’re continuing to invest in Research & Development in our commitment to bring new products to our customers.
Please click on 'Apply for this vacancy' below and you will be directed to a web form. You can also upload a copy of your CV on the web form.