Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
About the role
At Domino, we believe in doing more for our employees as well as our customers. A highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. There is an exciting opportunity for an engineering apprentice to join the Digital Printing technical team
You will spend 6 months in each of the DP technical groups – product validation, print quality, helpdesk, RMA, software, workflow and colour management and corrugated. You will become part of the team and become knowledgeable in all of the Digital Printing products
Day to day duties include;
- Validating new technology or components of the press
- Testing inks and understanding how print quality can be improved
- Testing printheads and other press components that have been returned under warranty
- Creating and implementing test strategies for new software
- Working on print quality improvements for the corrugated press.
- Must be able to multi-skill, be hardworking and have attention to detail
- Will have practical and problem-solving skills
- Will have good communication skills
- Any previous experience in mechanical or electrical engineering would be an advantage
- An interest in printing would be an advantage
- Enjoy being ‘Hands On’ and working collaboratively with the team
- You will be self-motivated and eager to learn
- Are hardworking & committed to both their education & job
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We recognise that flexible homeworking can be beneficial and at Domino we want people to feel able to own the way they work. For many of us this, this might be coming into the office most days, just a couple of times a week, or perhaps fortnightly. What’s important is that we enable you get the best from us and for us to get the best from you, whether that’s from your home office or on site, as long as we continue to collaborate and enable great outcomes for our customers. We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.