Traceability, provenance and anti-counterfeit markings are commonly applied to the plastic bottles used for shampoos, conditioners, hair spray, gel bottles and more. Regardless of the type of hair care product that goes on the inside of the bottle, a Domino industrial printer can make all the difference between a clear traceability or date code on the outside of it and a code that falls out of spec.
These code issues are no small matter. Errors with a simple QR code or date code can mean the difference between a perfect run of product that is fully compliant and a run of product that must be replaced - at tremendous cost to the factory.
What types of industrial printers are used for hair care product bottles and cans?
The same factors are just as important for cans used for hairsprays, and the pouches used for hair-color products. We provide technologies suitable for all packaging types, including the Ax-Series continuous inkjet printers (CIJ) for plastic bottles, D-Series laser printers for cans or glass, and V-Series Thermal Transfer Overprinters for plastic pouches/packs. All are characterized by reliability and ease of use, and the flexibility of all our printers means it's simple to add codes with clarity, in a variety of styles/colors that match the brand identity of every product. This also applies to printing on display boxes and secondary packaging used for presentation/gift packs.
- Our inks are stable, quick-drying and permanent, making them resilient both in the production environment and in hot, humid environments. Our laser printers etch permanent markings of exceptional quality, and all our printers can print a huge range of characters, symbols and logos.
Want to learn about Domino industrial printers? Contact Domino North America and get more information about our inkjets and lasers.
Inspect hair products at scale with Domino's R-Series Vision Control System
To automatically check product codes on production lines, Domino North America has developed a range of Vision Control Systems with leading camera suppliers. These Vision Control Systems are the perfect track and trace option for factories within several industries.
What makes Domino's R-Series so good?
- Easy set-up and installation
- Highly intuitive user interface
- Able to control product reject systems
- Fully customizable, or range of lighting & bracketry is built to suit specific production lines & factory needs
Want to learn more about the R-Series? Contact Domino North America.
How do you design codes for Domino Industrial Printers?
Our Automation and Integration Services help make the coding process safer and prevent errors from happening.
Domino Automation and Designer, our software tools for centralized label management and automated deployment, are designed to boost your production efficiency: streamline operations and minimize waste.
Using Domino Automation you can create messages centrally and automatically pass them down to all Domino printers on your production.
- Design and manage labels at a single location: our intuitive label design system enables using a universal interface, keeping training needs at a minimum.
- Easily manage users and their permissions: security features like Active Directory Integration enable using your existing IT network, and simplify user management.
- Full audit trail for the management of production changes: version control provides the ability for approval and roll-back procedures.